We are building the most beloved and trusted shopping destination for Africans.
from Local &
Buy Anything You
want online at
the Best Prices
Search, Order on
Assisting Our Customers
for the best
- 2012: Africa internet Group (AIG) launches Jumia in Nigeria, Morocco, South Africa and Egypt.
- 2014: Jumia introduces Black Friday in Nigeria.
- Jumia launches Jumia Force an independent sales consultant program catering to populations that do not have access to internet.
- 2015: Jumia Black Friday attracts 2.3 million visitors in Nigeria
- Jumia introduces Jumia Pay a secure payment gateway for people to shop on all Jumia services.
- 2016: Africa Internet Group rebrands as Jumia
- Jumia becomes Africa’s first tech unicorn.
- Jumia supports the African tech Ecosystem by powering the MTN Entrepreneurship Challenge. Pass.ng, MedRX and Vicoba are ranked the three best startups.
- 2017: Jumia celebrates its Fifth Anniversary milestone
- Jumia launches Nigeria’s first E-commerce Bot, the Jumia Bot, accessible on Facebook Messenger
- Jumia Nigeria organizes in partnership with Trace TV, a first of its kind global live event, the ultimate Music and Deals Festival MAD- Fest.
- 2013: Jumia Nigeria is the first African company to win the world retail awards in 2013 with the previous winners including ASOS and Zappos.com
- Leadership ICT company of the year 2013 - Jumia
- Ecommerce website of the year (Beacon of ICT Award).
- Success Digest - Innovative business of the year 2013.
- 2015: Jumia Nigeria organizes Customer Service Excellence Awards 2015.
- Orange Academy brand wall of Fame - Jumia Nigeria.
- Rima Awards - Best use of Mobile App - Jumia App.
- 2016: Jumia is ranked among the MIT 50 Smartest Companies globally.
- 2017: Jumia is ranked, for the second year in a row, in the MIT 50 Smartest Companies globally.
Brand Journalists Association Awards BJAN (2013)
World Retail Awards 2013
e-Commerce Website of the Year (Beacon of ICT Award)